GORDON-RUSHVILLE HIGH SCHOOL NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY
The selection procedure for membership in the Gordon-Rushville High School Chapter of the
National Honor Society is as follows:
1. To be eligible students must be in grades 11 or 12 and have a 3.5 or better cumulative
grade point average. No rounding of decimals is allowed at any step.
2. Students who are eligible are asked to fill out and return a Student Activity Information
Form. This is the student’s opportunity to provide information on his/her school and out-
3. The faculty is asked to fill out and return rating sheets on candidates in the areas of
leadership, character and service (these numbers are averaged separately and faculty are
asked to rate only those students they feel they know well).
4. Each NHS Faculty Council Member receives a copy of the results of the faculty rating
and student activity information form. After reviewing these, each faculty council
member gives each candidate a point of 1-5 in the areas of leadership, character and
service (with 1 low and 5 high).
5. An average in each area of leadership, character and service is obtained from the scores
of the faculty council for each candidate.
6. Scholarship points are assigned as follows:
3.5 - 1 point
3.6 - 2 points
3.7 - 3 points
3.8 - 4 points
3.9 - 5 points
4.0 - 5 points
7. The averaged scores in leadership, character, and service are added to the Scholarship
points and are then averaged once more. The number obtained is a number between 1-5,
with 1 low and 5 high (each area- Leadership, Character, Service, and Scholarship
accounts for ¼ of the final score).
8. Those candidates with an average of 3.0 or better are accepted for membership by
majority vote of the faculty council. No rounding of decimals is allowed at any step.
9. Candidates must be inducted into NHS in order to become a member.